What to put in your Christmas Eve Bag
Christmas Eve Boxes have become a tradition for many families at Christmas, our larger bags make the perfect Christmas Eve Box alternative and we thought we’d share with you how we’ll be be using our Christmas Eve Bags this Christmas.
Our small bags are the perfect size to contain small treats, and great for keeping Christmas Eve Boxes organised and treats separate for families who have one big box for the whole family. Why not fill yours with some of these suggestions:
1. Hot Choc Stirrer – We love this Rudolph Hot Chocolate Stirrer from Cocoa Delicious, there’s lots of other fun designs too!
2. Marshmallow Sticks – A nice quick and easy DIY choice, we are going to give these Sprinkle covered Marshmallow Sticks a go.
3. Candy Cane Holder – How cute?! Personalised and super affordable too making it a great addition to the kids boxes or stockings! Order yours from Little Inspirations.
4. Christmas Decoration – Our Elf usually brings a decoration with him but this year I’m going to put one in their Christmas Eve Bags too, we’ve got these super cute personalised ones from Little November and King the Elf is going to deliver the Christmas Tree one on of his visits (eyes peeled for another post with a few ides for those pesky elves). We also love our Personalised Fox & Weave Christmas Tree decoration from a few years ago and think we might need to add another for Elijah.
5. Kaleidoscope from Tiger – We found this super cute stocking filler on our last trip to Tiger, they have loads of little bits that would be fab in Christmas Eve Bags or Stockings.
6. Christmas Cookie – These Personalised Christmas Biscuits from Honeywell Bakes would be a fab snack with some warm milk and a movie.
7. Reindeer Food – You can get this from a lot of places, it’s just really important to make sure that any glitter included is the edible sort if you are planning on sprinkling in your garden, if your feeling up to it you could even make your own with oats and edible glitter.
8. Santa Key – We have one of these that comes out each year, although we do have a fireplace now so the big man won’t need to use the door!
Our larger bags will fit all of that and more, and make the perfect alternative to a full Christmas Eve Box, especially in families with a lot of children, here’s what we’ll be putting in ours:
1. Christmas Pyjamas – Christmas Pyjamas are mandatory in our house on Christmas Eve! We usually size up so they can be worn the following December. We love these Monochrome PJ’s from Didi & Bud and this super cute onesie from John Lewis. The baby will of course be snuggling up on Christmas Eve in his Blueberry Boo Kids First Christmas Sleepsuit.
2. Christmas Book – We always include a Christmas book to read before bed, this year Isaac is getting The Christmasaurus and Elijah is getting this super cute illustrated Nutcracker Book available from Small Print Books which I know he’ll love even more next year.
3. Christmas Pants & Socks – Any excuse for novelty Christmas socks & Pants!
4. Something for Santa – This Santa’s Tipple Bauble from Tilly & Sage is the perfect festive vessel for Santa’s refreshment, you can even personalise them.
5. Bath Bomb – Butterbear from Lush – Tempt them into bath time a little easier with a fun bath bomb. We love Butterbear from Lush which will leave them silky soft, or Ickle Baby Bot which will help them drift off and calm the excitement of listening for Sleigh Bells.
6. Christmas Movie & Popcorn – We always snuggle up with Popcorn and a Christmas Film after bath time on Christmas Eve, this year it will be The Polar Express, it doesn’t have to be a new DVD but its a nice way to wind down and get them ready for sleeping with one eye open waiting for the Man with the bag.
7. Santa Stop Here Sign – This Christmas Stop Here print from Freddie & the Kid would also be a cute addition.
FOR GROWN UPS
We love these bits for the Adults in case you want to get in on the action too, our Bags have no age limit!
1. Alcoholic Hot Choc Stirrer – Those gorgeous Hot Choc stirrers from Cocoa Delicious also come loaded with booze!
2. Perkulatte Sugar Spoons – Add a little something to your Christmas Eve coffee with these flavoured Sugar Spoons from Perkulatte, who also make delicious Coffee to pair with them!
So that’s it, our guide to what you can fill your Personalised Christmas Eve Bags with this year. We’d love to hear if there’s anything else you pop in yours.